Chipstead Lake Resource Centre operates from a modern purpose-built facility for people with physical disabilities. We are situated in a lovely location beside Chipstead Lake, amongst beautiful, accessible grounds.
Our aim is to provide personalised and empowering support in a person centred environment to everyone who uses our service.
We offer a warm, supportive and friendly staff and volunteer team, fully trained in the values that underpin our day support services.
For many disabled people, the opportunity to socialise, take part in meaningful activities and be as independent as possible, can be the key to changing the quality of their lives.
The Chipstead Lake Resource Centre can help with all of this. It aims to support people with disabilities by promoting independent living and offering opportunities to try a variety of activities.
The Resource Centre has experienced and friendly staff to provide support, encouragement and guidance, with the following facilities:-
- Cooking in our adapted accessible kitchen, for the individual or in groups
- A selection of art and craft activities such as card production, jewellery making and woodwork sessions
- WiFi throughout the Centre
- Ipad for free use.
- For the green-fingered person, we have a gardening club and a vegetable patch
- Weekly pottery sessions with an instructor and a fully-functional kiln
- Sailing on the adjoining lake, with fully accessible boats
- Regular day trips to local amenities and further afield are arranged throughout the year, ranging from trips to the seaside, to visits to nature reserves, larger shopping outlets, restaurants, cinema and yearly trips to Belgium and France
- Evening entertainment, ranging from takeaway evenings, to quiz nights, cinema nights, create your own pizza night and many more
- A selection of games to help with hand-eye coordination and literacy skills etc
- Relaxation / Meditation sessions with a fully qualified member of staff